Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Matteo tips for Gavin..

ITALIAN teenager Matteo Manassero, the 2011 Maybank Malaysian Open winner, is back much wiser at 19, for more fun-filled rounds at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club.
  Back then, the shot a 4-under 68 on Sunday to earn a one-stroke victory by upstaging Masters champion Charl Schwartzel and Rory McIlroy.
  Manassero had an eagle on the par-5 10th and added two birdies on the back nine to finish at 16-under 272 two days before his 18th birthday.
  Yesterday, he played in the Pro-Am with Malaysian amateur Gavin Kyle Green and 'co-incidently' they will be on the same flight in Round 1 together with Gaganjeet Bhullar of India.
  "Well, the amateur (Gavin) played really well and I am happy for him that he managed to play with me before the tournament so we could get used toeach other," said the Italian.
  And did he give any advise to the amateur?
  "Actually, he hit 40 yards further than me in the pro-am, and I don't think he need any advise on that matter.
  "But we did talk about tactics, and how to plan for a tournament, and I hope it would be helpful tomorrow (today). I also spoke to his father, who caddies for him, and we are looking forward to a good start," said Manassero.
  On his preparations for the Open, Manassero said he has shed six kilos in the last six weeks, and feels much 'faster' now.
  "The hip is moving just right, and I feel much more stronger and faster after six weeks of working out.
  "And with such a good course, and many places to be comfortable at the hotel, I am feeling at my best a day before," said Manassero.