Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Danny Chia bracing himself..

DANNY Chia did not make the cut last year, and he believes he is in for more tough rounds at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club.
  "It is always tough for me to play in front of the home crowd, as the pressure is never easy to overcome.
  "Sure, it's easy for me to console myself by saying that I am playing against the course, and there should be no pressure of the big names around it.
  "But it is easier said that done. From past experience, when I'm on the first tee in the first round, the pressure is killing," said Danny who won the ADT Tour at the PGM Northport Glenmarie Masters, but then blew his game in India the very next weekend.
  "The ADT win gave my some confidence, but I have never liked to play in India and my record there for the past 10 years speaks for itself.
  "I never got used to the atmosphere and food there, and even though this is bad coming from a professional, but that's the fact.
  "And in the Malaysian open, I always have one bad round which spoils everything for me. Sure, every good player goes through the same experience but their bad day is two or one under, while mine is two to three over.
  "If I can just turn by bad round into an under, then this is going to be a wonderful tournament," said Danny.
  Last year, only Shaaban Hussin made the cut while all the other Malaysian's fell by the cut.
  "I believe we have two good challengers who will do well this year and they are fast improving Gavin (Green) and Nicholas (Fung).
  "Gavin has been playing very well and when I teed-off with him recently, he has shown maturity and should be the Malaysian to watch in this tournament.
  "As for Nicholas, he has been hitting very well and this could turn out to be the turning point for him as well," said Danny.