Thursday, May 7, 2009

Muhd Noor eyes more goals in final

By Ajitpal Singh

MUHD Noor Faeez Ibrahim has earned the reputation of being the most
feared penalty corner striker in this season's Malaysian Hockey League
(Under-19).
And the 18-year-old defender for Bandar Penawar Sports School (BPSS )
with 13 goals already in his bag, wants to add more to his tally in the
final today.
He is confident of doing it against Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) in
the final in Bukit Jalil.
Muhd Noor has no fear of BJSS and the two goals he scored in BPSS' 4-1
win over their rivals in the league stage, says it all.
"I have been pushing myself to the limits in training to polish my
penalty corners. I'm totally focused and prepared," said Muhd Noor after
BPSS' training session at the National Hockey Stadium in Bukit Jalil
yesterday.
"I'm extra motivated as my parents will be at the stadium tomorrow
(today). I will try hard to win BPSS their first major title."
"I'm also in the running for the top scorer's award and it will be
important to score a couple of goals in the final."
Muhd Noor, who hails from Klang, said BJSS are a well-balanced team but
lack the scoring touch up front.
"They build their game well but they tend to be wasteful in their
opponents' penalty area. I noticed this when my team played them
earlier." he added.
Muhd Noor is not the only prolific goal scorer in the team. Captain
Amir Farid Ahmad Fuzi, a former national Under-16 trainee, has been on
target 12 times this season and he will be a player to watch in the
final.