Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stacy Lewis in love with Malaysia

WORLD No 2 Stacy Lewis from the United States loves coming to Malaysia not only for the golf, but also the shopping and culture which she said is the coolest in the region.
  "Unfortunately, we don't get to do a whole lot extra out of play.  But I like coming here as i feel very comfortable. They put us up in a great hotel and there's a lot of good shopping around our hotel.
  "You get to experience the culture I think is one of the coolest parts of this region. I have seen different things across the globe and Malaysia is one of my favorite countries to come to in Asia," said Stacey who alsp played in the last two editions.
   She played in the Pro-Am yesterday and gave the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club course the thumbs-up.
  "The course looks good, actually it is always great here. It's in such great shape every year.
  "It's a course you really have to hit it straight on. Then, of course, the greens are tricky. You have to make some putts. They're pretty tricky so the closer you can hit it, the better.
   "I really like playing here. I think the heat and everything kind of reminds me of home," said the Texan.
  She also feels the course would favour a 'ball striker'.
  "I think it's really a ball striker's course. If you look at the people that have won and have played well here, they're people that are pretty high up on fairways and greens in regulation. So I think that's just the key to this golf course. I think last year I was hitting it pretty good and I think I've even kind of moved up the stats this year, too," said Stacey.
  And her goal for the year?
  Since the middle of the year, my goal has been to be the Player of the Year. It's something an American hasn't done since 1994. I wanted to end that trend. That's the big picture goal."