Thursday, October 11, 2012

Jean Chua still not used to pressure..

JEAN Chua was expected to be more composed in her hat-trick of appearances in the Sime Darby LPGA, but pressure got the better of her when she blew-up with a four-over 75 yesterday.
  "I went in thinking that I could handle the pressure of playing at home as this is my third LPGA at the KLGCC, but it did not help as I could not play my normal game and the score is the least flattering," said the US based player.
  It did not help her cause of trying to finish among the top-10 at home, and she would have a mammoth task of making ammends even though this tournamwent does not have a half-way cut.
  "Everything went wrong, from my drive to my putting as I was  not my normal self and kept hitting bad shots the whole morning.
  "The birdie on the eigtht almost strengthened my game, but immediately, I double bogies the next and that made a mess of my score," said Jean.
   She is a member on the LPGA’s developmental Symetra Tour and has only missed one cut in  her last 13 events coupled with four top-10 finishes. This is her first time playing in Malaysia this season.
  However, she will have to bring out her best in the second round as her score was even off tangen compared to Malaysian amateur Aretha Pan who scored a two-over 73.