Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fun-filled day with Jojo Struys

JOJO: Played to raise funds for children.

THE fun-filled CEO and Celebrity Charity Tennis event saw captains of the industry and celebrities rubbing shoulders, and the idea was well liked by Unites States Ambassador to Malaysia Paul W. Jones.

Jones was sworn in three months ago, and said the event gave him an opportunity to mingle around with the who-is who in Malaysia.
“I am not a serious tennis player but took up the offer to get to know more people in Malaysia as I have only been in the country for three months.
“This is a very good idea, and I enjoyed myself on and off the court,” said Jones.
Among the celebrities, Jojo Struys was a chirpy was when she is on air.
“Wonderful day today. I enjoy competing in this event as it is casual and you get to know some very interesting captains of the industry.
“My tennis is a little rusty, but I enjoyed myself so much that I am going to start training from tomorrow itself for the next event!,” said the celebrity, who had acted in the Chicken Rice War.
The other TV presenters who attended the event were Azura Zainal, Tengku Firhad, Adriana Aris, Abbas Saad, Angeline Chong and Seelan Paul.
Corporate bigwig Yvonne Chia, the Hong Leong Bank Group managing director, was the best women finisher on 19 points and said she makes it a point to attend the event.
“This is my second time playing in this event as I make it a point to play when I am in town. I enjoy the company, and the stress-free environment is among its draw-cards,” said Yvonne.