Sunday, September 13, 2009

Serena acts like a Williams

“I swear to God I’m... going to take this... ball and shove it down your... throat, you hear that? I swear to God,” Williams said.

By Steve Ginsburg

NEW YORK, Sept 12: Belgian comeback queen Kim Clijsters knocked out Serena Williams in a wildly controversial finish on Saturday to advance to the final of the U.S. Open and become the poster girl for working mothers.
Just weeks after returning to the tour from a two-year break to start a family, Clijsters beat the defending champion 6-4 7-5 after a day-long rain delay at Flushing Meadows.
At 5-6, 15-30 down in the second set, Williams whacked her second serve but the lineswoman called her on a foot-fault that put her at match point down.
The American’s subsequent expletive-laced tirade directed at the lineswoman resulted in a point penalty — and the end of the match.
“I swear to God I’m... going to take this... ball and shove it down your... throat, you hear that? I swear to God,” Williams said.
After the line-judge reported the second seed to the umpire for verbal abuse, Williams added: “I never said I would kill you, are you serious?"