Sunday, May 29, 2016

Faizal's Shaari's moment ....

FAIZAL Shaari's brace handed Terengganu their second Division One Razak Cup title last night, as Police went down 3-0 at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil Sunday.
  National player Faizal also won the top-scorers award with seven goals, and the man-of-the final award.
 He was benched for indiscipline from playing international matches for six months by the Malaysian Hockey Confederation (MHC), and his ban will be ending soon.
  There was an electric atmosphere at the stadium, as Police brought in five bus-loads of recruits, while fans in four buses travelled from Terengganu to support their team.
 A band, by police, kept made it into a carnival final, which was also witnessed by the former Malaysian Hockey Federation (MHF) deputy president Tan Sri P. Alagandra.
 Terengganu menteri besar Ahmad Razif Abdul Rahman, and Police Director of Management datuk Sri Zulkafli Abdullah were also on the stands.
 Police played a tactical two quarters by slowing down the game and only moving up in counter attacks, while Terengganu's young players were made to run circles.
  There was not a single penalty corner awarded to both the teams in two quarters, as the defenders played very clean hockey.
  However, Police opened up the match right after the third quarter started, with overhead passes thrown by Razie Rahim. They won the first penalty corner in the 35th minute, but poor trapping saw the score remain 0-0.
 The match opened up after that, and Terengganu won their first penalty corner in the 41st minute, and Faizal made it count with a top-of-the-net drag flick.
  Faizal was the toast of Terengganu, as in the 52nd minute, his reverse stick shot made it 2-0 and handed his state only the second Division One title. The first was won in 2012. The third goal was scored by Akhimullah Anuar, 16, in the 57th minute.
  "I am very proud of my players discipline, as they did not let the big match atmosphere rattle them. Thirteen of them are eligible to play in the Malaysia Games in Kuching, and this augurs well for the developmen of youth in the state," said Terengganu coach Sarjit Singh.
 As for Police coach Gurmit Singh: "I am very proud of my players who rose from Division Two last season to become Division One silver medallists tonight.
 "Even though it would have been nice to lift the title, but still, a silver is a very good reward for my players determination in this tournament."
 In the men's Division Two final, Penang and Perlis played to a 4-4 draw, but Penang gained promotion by winning the shoot-out 3-2.
 And Pahang, last in Division One, will play in the lower division next year.
  For Penang, Jiwa Mohan (30th), Izwan Firdaus (42nd, 58th) and Hafizhuddin Zaidi (47th) delivered. The Perlis scorers were Najmi Farizal (35th, 49th), Azhad Akmal (36th) and Tengku Ahmad Tajuddin (39th).
 Meanwhile, in the women's final, Pahang won the inaugural title when they hammered Armed Forces 4-0. The Pahang scorers were Nuraini Abdul Rashid (22nd, 47th), Noorain Arshad (23rd) and Wan Nor Faiezah (40th).
  RESULTS: Division One: Division One Final: Terengganu 3 Police 0.
  Division Two Final: Penang 4 Perlis 4 (Penang win shoot-out 3-2) .
  Women's Final: Pahang 4 Armed Forces 0; Third-Fourth: Kuala Lumpur 2 Selangor 4; Fifth-Sixth: Malacca 1 Perak 1 (Perak win shoot-out 2-1); Seventh-Eighth: Terengganu 1 Johor 2; Ninth-10th: Sarawak 5 Penang 3; 11th-12th: Kedah 1 Sabah 1 (Sabah win shoot-out 4-2).