MHC President Dato’ Sri Subahan Kamal, In response to the statement made by JHA President.
1. RM 100k from TNB for the sponsorship of SOJC.
The sum announced has not been paid, simply because we owe it to our sponsors - of which several deliverables has been agreed upon and must be met - to ensure the sum disbursed are of the equivalent value. We will distribute the figure once the media report is submitted. This matter has already been explained to TNB. If the deliverables or not met, we will refund the money to TNB. It has been our practice that tournament reports are sent post its completion.
2. RM 50k for TNB State League - similarly, the tournament ended on the 3rd of November. We are in the midst of processing payments for not only Johor, but Sarawak and N.Sembilan and expect to provide these payments by the end of next week.
3. We have documented evidence for the alleged broadcasting issue and I think it is best this matter is brought up for a discussion with the EB in our upcoming meeting.
4. I still will be proposing to the EB on having our own MHC U21 International Invitational Tournament and perhaps a Women's International Tournament in partnership with a willing State HA. A decision will be meted once the EB deliberates on this proposal. Also, we had live streaming for our National League matches and ACT on Astro on the Go, so this wasn't the first time live streaming was introduced.
5. In response to the statement by JHA President, that MHC were not serious in their participation at the SOJC, we find this to hold no water. Whilst our focus remains with the Program 2020 squad, I believe the results speaks otherwise. We drew with the eventual champions and beat NZ by 4 goals to 1. These teams are participating in the JWC. We aren't. If we are not serious, then are teams like NZ less serious than us? The focus of this tournament was to ensure our backup squad has sufficient matches, and 16 year old boys, who are clearly playing at a higher level than their age group locally, attain the necessary exposure to aid in their progress. We placed a lot of thought before this decision was made. We did not set a target simply because our focus was on the process of developing these players. We lost several matches and attained good results in others. Nevertheless, the boys played really hard albeit not attaining a favourable result.
6. I maybe naive, and I thank JHA President for his brotherly advice. But, being President and supported by many individuals on the EB and management who have played and managed the game at the highest level, I will endeavour to do what is best. It is true I am new to hockey, but I have been a long-time administrator of Sports. I am also a passionate fan of the sport and will champion what is best for the good of the game.