Saturday, October 13, 2012

Jean cracks under pressure, again...

THE four Malaysian players blew up big time with bogies and double bogies at a rain-soaked Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club.
 The best placed Malaysian was still amateur Aretha Pan, on joint-56th, after a four-over 75 brought her total to eight-over 221.
 She had five bogies on the second, third, fifth, 11th and 18th and a double bogey on the 17th.
 Aretha's birdies were on the first, 10th and 16th.
 "Not a bad day, considering that I could not read  the speed of the greens after the long rain-break.
  "That saw me three-putting on the greens and pulling back my score," said the amateur.
  On tied-63rd was US based pro Jean Chua, who had an eight-over 79 for  a 14-over 227 total.
  "I horrible day in the office, really bad and now I believe that if I can play good golf in Malaysia, I can play anywhere in the world," said Jean.
  It was her worst three-day score this year: "I have never played so badly this year, but still, the crowd was very supportive and many of them told me to just let loose in the final round.
  "But that's what I tried to do today (yesterday) and it did not work out. So, I am really unable to play at my home turf, not yet, sorry guys," said the US based player.
  Ainil Johani shared the same boat with Jean, after a three-over 74 in the third round.
  Amateur Sarfarina Vinota, embedded at the bottom since day one, returned another 10-over 81 for a 33-over 246 score.