Saturday, October 13, 2012

Choi Na Yeon within gasp of title..

CHOI Na Yeon overcame a chasing pack, as well as a four hours 40 minutes rain-delay to consolidate her lead in the Sime Darby LPGA at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club yesterday.
  Torrential rain stopped play at 10am, and only resumed at 2pm, but still, the defending champion managed a smile after a three-under 68 for a two shot lead.
  Hot on her back is fellow Korean Inbee Park, just adrift after a six-under 65 saw her move up the ranks from tied-12th overnight, on 11-under 202.
  And the lone wolf on third is Karrie Webb of Australia, who had a three-under 68 for a nine-under 204 today.
  Ai Miyazato of Japan and Suzann Pettersen of Switzerland are tied-fourth on eight-under 205.
  With 13-under 200, she did not like the idea of leading all the time.
  "Last year I had a one-shot lead going into the final, and I have also been leading for the last three days here. I don't like being chased as I prefer to chase.
  "But then, I can't control how others play, and it is a little tiring watching the leader-board all the time and the pressure it getting worse," said the Korean.
  She had four birdies and her blemish was only on the par-four 10th, where she three-putted for bogey.
  "I had a 20-footer on that hole, and came up short, tried again and missed. That was the only bogey even though I have been here for the last 12 hours (the round started at 7am and ended at 7pm due to rain).
   And how did she kill her time?
  "I actually took a short nap and it did help me become more focussed. It is really difficult to play under a steady drizzle, and luckily I manage to finish my round today and start fresh in the final.
  "I am not going to think about the two-shot lead when I start the final journey, as I will erase all the scores from my mind and start a fresh game. That will make things much easier," said the champion in standing.
  She promised to be more aggresive today, and that could just see her sail away with the title again.