Death of an American icon: Troubled singer Whitney Houston is found dead in Beverly Hills hotel room after drugs battle, aged 48
- Award-winning singer and actress 'found unconscious by bodyguard in her hotel room'
- Star of Bodyguard film may have drowned in her bathtub, according to one source
- Emergency services administered CPR for 20 minutes but were unable to save her
- Prescription pills 'found in room' amid speculation that death is drug-related
- I Will Always Love You singer 'partied heavily' in hotel bar on Friday, according to reports
- Last appeared in public on Thursday where she looked dishevelled and reportedly smelled of alcohol
- Star was on 'brink of bankruptcy' having 'frittered away pop fortune on drug addiction'
- Warning signs were there after erratic perform on X Factor in 2009, says Simon Cowell
- Celebrities flock to Twitter to pay tributes to 'beautiful and talented' singer