Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hockey president keen on soccer comeback

MALAYSIAN Hockey Federation (MHF) president Tengku Abdulah Sultan Ahmad Shah will go ahead with plans to wrest a deputy president's seat in the FA of Malaysia elections this Saturday.
Tengku Ahmad, speaking before attending the MHF council meeting yesterday, said: "I have been requested to make a comeback. When I quit in 2007 it was because of the national team's poor performance in the Asia Cup.
"However, I leave it to the delegates to decide if football requires my services."
About his chances: "I leave it in the hands of god to determine the outcome."
Tengku Abdullah also said that he was a temporary measure in hockey, as the request came from previous president Sultan Azlan Shah, but he has started to enjoy himself.
"I started as a temporary replacement, and it was supposed to be a short stint in hockey. But now I am begining to love the sport, and I am enjoying myself."
Datuk Sri Shahhidan Kassin threw in the towel, but Tengku Abdullah wil have to battle with incumbent Datuk Sri Redzuan Sheikh Ahmad, Datuk Che Mat Jusoh, Tan Sri Anwar Musa and Datuk Mokhtar Ahmed for the two seats.