Thursday, August 14, 2014

Koshy in shock resignation



KUALA Lumpur Hockey Association (KLHA) president George Koshy sent in a shock resignation letter yesterday.
After having served for six years as president, Koshy’s decision came on the back of the Malaysian Hockey Confederation’s move to replace him with Tai Beng Hai as team manager to the Asian Games in September.
“My work commitments has been increasing and I cannot find enough time to devote my time as president of KLHA," said Koshy.
“I have informed the KLHA council numerous times that I do not intend to seek re-election in the AGM which is scheduled for early next year.
“This will give KLHA time to find a replacement.”
When asked if his decision had anything to do with MHC naming Beng Hai as manager for the Commonwealth and Asian Games, Koshy said: “Not at all, for they have taken a load off my shoulder by naming another manager.
“I had my ups and downs with the national team (which he had managed since 2009), enjoyed every moment and am so damn happy we finally made the World Cup, which is a small step to moving back into the mainstream of the hockey world but I guess making it to the Olympics during my term was not meant to be .
“I wish them well in the forthcoming Asian Games,” said Koshy who was not even told earlier by MHC about him being replaced as national team manager for the Asian Games.
The KLHA council is expected to meet next Monday and is said to be bent on rejecting his resignation.
But Koshy is adamant. “My time is up and let someone else take KL hockey to greater heights,” he said.