Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jean Chua's time to impress..

MALAYSIAN Jean Chua would be making her third appearance in the Sime Darby LPGA, but expecting her to end at the top of the podium would be a tall order.
  The same can be said about Ainil Johani and Aretha Pan.
  "Coming home (as she plys her trade overseas) definitely means a lot to me.  It's my third year playing in the Sime Darby LPGA, but still, it's never the same playing at home, in front of my family and my friends.
  "It's amazing, as I've been away all year. I had a great year, so I'm actually ready to give my best at the KLGCC," said Jean.
  Jean is a member on the LPGA’s developmental Symetra  Tour and has only missed one cut in  her last 13 events coupled with four top-10 finishes.
  When asked how this week would be different from the previous two years: "It's definitely a big difference. Playing with the top 60 in the world, the level is unbelievable. It's competitive and being one of the younger ones and representing Malaysia, you do definitely have a lot of added pressure.
  "People expect you to perform well but you've really got to try to just focus and play your own game. Just go out there and do what I've been doing all year.  I should be fine, actually.
   And on her form in the Symetra Tour: "It was my first full year on Symetra as I only played half season last year.
  "I was top 10 most of the year, but had a disappointing finish, but still, all my stats and everything has improved. So I had a really good year, and I'm really glad where I finished. I've still got a full exempt into final stage so I can get a second try for Q school there."
  Jean is a product of the Sime Darby Foundation, which supports the sporting quests of young Malaysians.
  "Last year, I focused a lot more on playing for the people. I think I tried too hard to measure up to how I did the previous year and tried to play the same game instead of just playing my golf.
  "I was trying to play more for the people. So I think this year I would have to focus more on just playing my game, not trying to compete with the other girls or try to measure up, the length or the shots, just do what I can do and score well and do just how I did in the other tournaments this year."